ProWorld offers universities and private groups customized service-learning and faculty-led programs in 9 countries worldwide. Since 1998, ProWorld has partnered with more than 150 universities nationwide to provide service-learning experiences in developing countries. Custom group projects are a unique way to provide hands-on learning for students and faculty in key area studies while postively impacting local communities. We co-create our programs directly with the communities to ensure long-term success.
Check out our locations and program types to the right by clicking on a specific country or program area.
Our customized group programs are geared towards faculty and students who desire to see the world in a new context while applying their studies in the field. Participants need no prior experience or specific skills, only a desire to learn and serve. By the end of each program, participants gain skills in development work, leadership and cross-cultural communication.
The basic elements of our program include:
- Groups of 10 or more
- Customized length and dates
- Pre-trip organizational support and materials, including marketing assistance
- Intensive onsite orientation
- Coordination and funding of group or individual development projects
- Group or homestay living, with 3 meals/day
- Daily staff support and contact
- Local adjunct professors upon request
- Curriculum development, and available classrooms and offices
- Weekly adventure and cultural experiences
- Post-program follow up from the community
- Extensive safety and liability coverage
Note: Additional elements are fully customizable
Plan Your Program Today
ProWorld enables your faculty to focus on learning and teaching, while we focus on the logistics necessary for a safe and rewarding program. If you're interested in learning more about our programs, you can download a free brochure:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call us directly at 415.434.5613.